JEN LARSON, KPA-CTP
Jen is a Certified Training Partner with the Karen Pryor Academy, American Red Cross Pet First Aid Certified, a member of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers, the Pet Professional Guild, and Doggone Safe, a non-profit organization dedicated to bite prevention education. She is passionate about positive reinforcement based training. As a Certified Trainer, adoption counselor, animal care-taker, dog daycare manager, pet resort manager, veterinary technician, and pet massage specialist, Jen has worked (and volunteered) in several exceptional facilities and programs including:
- Certified Training Partner with Karen Pryor Dog Training Academy.
- Best Friends Animal Society, and Dogtown (featured on the Nat Geo channel), the nation's largest animal sanctuary, in Kanab, Utah.
- Austin Pets Alive!, the leading No Kill shelter in the country, in Austin, Texas.
- Dogboy's Dog Ranch, training, daycare, and boarding in Pflugerville, Texas.
- Gold-standard, AAHA accredited veterinary clinic, Bee Vet Animal Hospital, in Austin, Texas.
- Austin Wildlife Rescue, in Austin, Texas.
- Wisconsin's premiere Luxury boarding and daycare facility, Ruffin It Resort.
- Humane Animal Welfare Society, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Heartland Farms Sanctuary, Verona, Wisconsin.
- Dane County Animal Shelter, Madison, Wisconsin.
- Hoofbeat Ridge Horse Camp, Mazomanie, Wisconsin.
AUSTIN PET TECHS
Daniel has been actively involved in keeping Austin the #1 No Kill City in America by working and volunteering at Austin Pets Alive! for the past 5 years, as well as the Humane Society, and Austin Wildlife Center. He is currently finishing his pre-vet requirements and will be attending Veterinary school to become a Veterinarian.
- Currently a senior veterinary technician at Austin Pets Alive!, Austin, Texas.
- Adoption counselor with the dog program at APA!.
- Neonatal Kitten care specialist in the Austin Pets Alive! nursery.
Daniel specializes in "behavior" dogs, bully breeds, large or high-energy dogs, scared, fearful, or "aggressive" animals, feral cats, senior pets, and pets with special medical needs. He is the owner of a rescued pitbull mix, as well as two rescued cats.